The first time visiting a new church can be a challenge. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you visit Tallgrass Church's Central Gathering (CG).
Our CG runs from 4-5:15pm on Sunday evenings.
We periodically have some sort of after party scheduled afterward our CG (potlucks, guys after party, ladies' after party, etc). Check out what's coming up under Events.
Tallgrass Church meets for our CG at College Heights Baptist Church: 2320 Anderson Ave., Manhattan, KS 66502. There are two main parking lots. The east lot is nearest to the kids classrooms - best for parents. The west is right beside the sanctuary entrance. Please note that we do lock the east doorway at 4:05pm to aid building security. So if you arrive a little late, be sure to come in via the west entrance.
What to Expect
- Most people come casually dressed, so wear what you feel comfortable with.
- If you have children, see below.
- Typical CG flow:
- Welcome & Announcements (5 min)
- Mingle (5 min)
- Teaching (40 min)
- Q&A/Testimonies (10 min)
- Music (15 min)
- After the CG, people tend to mill around, visit, get their kids, and then head to whatever after party is that week. Check out our upcoming Events list to see what after party will be happening the Sunday you visit. You are invited!
What About Kids?
If you have children, we have age-specific classes designed just for them during our CG time through Sprouts. For your first visit, plan on arriving 10 minutes early so that you'll have time to find your child's classroom. All kids nursery-6th grade are checked in to their classroom locations before the CG starts (as early as 3:45pm). Children must be picked up and checked out after the CG ends. We ask parents not to come check out their kids early unless it's an emergency, because it tends to disrupt classroom activities and focus.
We'd love to follow up with you after you visit by buying you lunch or coffee to get to know you better. Everyone gets one! Just let us know after you visit and that you'd be interested in your followup meeting and we'll get it scheduled. Contact options:
- General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Deaver: email@example.com
- Dave Geldart: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay connected with Tallgrass info and announcements via one or more of our communication options. If you'd like to be added to our Email Listserve or GroupMe, just let us know at email@example.com.