Tallgrass is very excited to (re)build a healthy church culture together this summer. We're pumped to jump into our summer book study group on Emotionally Healthy Discipleship by Peter Scazzero.
In Emotionally Healthy Discipleship, we'll study together through how to create an emotionally healthy culture and multiply deeply-changed people in every aspect of church life—including leadership and team development, marriage and single ministry, small groups, preaching, worship, youth and children's ministry, administration, and outreach.
- Tuesday evenings 6:30-7:30pm starting May 18
- At The Well (4th & Houston)
- You’re invited!
- Read Chapter 8 for this time or just come for the discussion and audit. The more the merrier!
- We're combining our men’s and women’s groups to prioritize this study together.
Here are the topics we'll cover together:
- Be Before You Do—Slows down our lives to cultivate a deep, personal relationship with Jesus amidst the hurry and distractions that routinely overload us.
- Follow the Crucified, Not the Americanized Jesus—Offers guidelines to determine how much the values and goals of Western culture have compromised, or even negated, the radical call of Jesus to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow him.
- Embrace God’s Gift of Limits—Makes provision for surrendering to, rather than fighting against, the gift of God’s limits in our lives.
- Discover the Treasures Buried in Grief and Loss—Integrates sadness and loss into our following of Jesus. As a result, we no longer miss out on the treasures God has buried within them.
- Make Love the Measure of Maturity—Provides clear criteria to measure spiritual maturity by how we are growing in our ability to love others.
- Break the Power of the Past—Connects how our family of origin and personal history influence our discipleship in the present. We no longer treat deep patterns and traumas from the past with a quick fix.
- Lead Out of Weakness and Vulnerability—Embraces weakness and vulnerability as core to accessing God’s power and offering his love to the world.