Tallgrass has a special place in our heart for those seeking to provide a loving home for children in need. Whether this is through adoption, foster care, or respite care, we want to champion and support Tallgrassians trying to meet these vital needs. We also believe that adoption is one of the most powerful pictures of the Gospel; the Scripture tells us that through Christ's work on the cross, those who have put our faith in him are quite literally adopted into God's family. So it would seem that adoption has a special place in our God's heart as well (indeed, he came up with the idea!).
Tallgrass engages in Adoption Care specifically by supporting families in the process with both resource, relational, and financial support.
Book Recommendation: Adopted for Life by Russell Moore
- LifeChoice Ministries - lifechoiceks.org (birthmother support and private infant adoption)
- St. Francis - st-francis.org (places most Kansas children for fostering and adoption)
- TFI - tfifamilyservices.org
- Kansas Children's Service League - kcsl.org
- KVC - kvc.org
- AdoptUSkids.org (See specific children in need of adoption right now)
- Bethany Christian Services -- bethany.org
- All God's Children International - allgodschildren.org
- Bethany Christian Services - bethany.org
- Holt International - holtinternational.org
- America World Adoption - awaa.org
Orphan Care Agencies:
- Loving Shepherd Ministries - loving-shepherd.org (helps families research and explore adoption options)
- Safe Families - safe-families.org (program for helping hurting families outside of foster care)
- Hope for Orphans - hopefororphans.com (hosts national conferences)
- Tapestry - tapestryministry.org (hosts free conferences in Dallas area; an excellent educational resource)
- Empowered to Connect - empoweredtoconnect.org (resources for helping children in attachment)
There are a number of avenues to pursue for adoption-related financial support:
- Lifesong for Orphans - lifesongfororphans.org
- Show Hope - showhope.org
- ABBA Fund - abbafund.org
- Government tax credit - http://www.nacac.org/taxcredit/taxcredit20122013.html
Additionally, some funds are periodically available through Tallgrass! A portion of donations to Tallgrass (currently 5%) are allocated internally to an Adoption Assistance Fund (others can donate to this tax-deductible fund as well). We allow Tallgrassians to apply for adoption assistance as funds are available. We also approve, on a case by case basis, fundraising for adoption expenses through this Fund. All funds are released as reimbursements for adoption related legal and administrative expenses, based on submitted receipts.
Adoption Assistance Application
If you are interested in applying for Adoption Assistance through Tallgrass, please download the form below (available in both PDF and DOCX formats).
If you have any questions about Tallgrass's Adoption Care ministry, please contact us at email@example.com.