The first time visiting a new church can be a challenge. Especially during this Covid season! Here are a few things to keep in mind as you visit Tallgrass Church's Central Gathering (CG).
10-11:15am on Sunday mornings.
Tallgrass Church is now gathering at the Boys & Girls Club of Manhattan: 220 S 5th Street.
What to Expect
- Bring your own camping chair and a mask. (We don't have a bunch of chairs yet!)
- Wear whatever feels comfortable.
- Plan to maintain 6ft of social distancing.
- Kids will be checked in to their Sprouts classes before our CG starts.
- Typical CG flow:
- Music (5 min)
- Welcome & Announcements (5 min)
- Teaching (40 min)
- Q&A/Testimonies/Reflection Activity (10 min)
- Music (15 min)
- After the CG, people tend to mill around, visit, get their kids, and then eventually head to lunch.
You're always welcome to gather with us online. We live stream our CGs each Sunday morning via Zoom and Facebook Live. Note a password is required for Zoom engagement, which you can get from the Tallgrassian who invited you or by contacting us 24+ hours in advance. If you choose to gather with us online, we encourage you to utilize the chat and comments sections to check in and help foster greater connection on those platforms.
You can always watch previous CGs right here at tallgrass.church/teachings. Full, edited, HD versions of Sundays' gatherings are typically posted by Tuesday mornings.
We'd love to follow up with you after you visit by buying you lunch or coffee to get to know you better. Everyone gets one! Just let us know after you visit and that you'd be interested in your followup meeting and we'll get it scheduled. Contact options:
- General Email: email@example.com
- Ben Deaver: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Geldart: email@example.com
Stay connected with Tallgrass info and announcements via one or more of our communication options. If you'd like to be added to our Email Listserve or GroupMe, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.