We want to become people of the Book together! We're excited to jump into Philippians over the next few months together. Make the most of this time by doing the "homework". You'll get out of it what you put into it. Who knows?! Perhaps you'll meet God in a significant way in the season!? Who knows what God might do in and through our community as we become men and women of the Word!
Here's your "homework" for this week:
- Ask someone to work through *The Gospel-Centered Life with you. We have a FREE copy of this book for you and the person you'll work through it with as long as you use it within the next three months. Pickup your copy at Central Gathering next Sunday or contact Ben Deaver beforehand if you just can't wait.
- Handwrite out each passage in another effort to slow down your engagement with the Scriptures. Consider starting a journal for this study.
- *Practice lectio divina (holy reading) each week before we preach the passage in Central Gathering.
- *Read through Philippians aloud...in its entirety...twenty times! Do this once a week and you'll hit 20 by the time we wrap up this study. Checkout this article about why that's a great idea! You can also listen to Philippians on an app like the *YouVersion Bible app.
- Read background of the Philippian church in Acts 16:12-40 and 20:1-6.
Here's our (tentative) preaching plan:
Date & Passage
*Click these links for helpful resources.